25 Random Things About Me
1. I own and have over 5,000 books in my posession.
2. My girlfriend/fiance, who is now 24 years old, is the oldest woman I have ever been with.
3. I dropped out of school at 13 two weeks into the 8th grade and only have a GED (on top of graduating Summa Cum Laude with a B.A. in Communication Studies and having a Juris Doctor (Law Degree), and am currently in a MBA program)
4. I have only worked at “real” jobs for less than 1 year of my life (I am now 37).
5. I own massive collections of many museum worthy popular culture items from vintage movie posters to pop surrealism lowbrow art.
6. I play guitar and piano and am self taught.
7. I decided my destiny (COB) at 13 years old and have been on a track to reach it since then.
8. I am an expert in the field of literary golden age science fiction and extremely knowledgable in game theory as applied to organizational structure.
9. I lived in England for several summers as a child.
10. I can speak cantonese (chinese) fairly fluently.
11. I lived in the ghetto of Detroit’s east side from 13 years old to 18 and lived in abject poverty for most of this time.
12. I lived in utter poverty for 2 years in a 1 room shack in Senoia, Georgia where I solidified my theories on COB.
13. Spent at least 1 year of my life living without electricity or running water or in the woods during my “poverty years”.
14. At one time worked for the Chinese Underworld (Tong Yee) in Los Angeles.
15. Has lived in Seattle, Detroit, Atlanta, and….North Dakota for over 5 years each.
16. Owns an original Trevor Brown painting.
17. I have corresponded with many literary figures over the years including William S. Burroughs, John Updike, Elmore Leonard, Ray Bradbury, Mario Puzo, and Chuck Palahniuk among many others.
18. My favorite food is dim sum, which I now can eat at least 3 times a week!
19. My mother was a dance hall girl in Hong Kong who became a prostitute for a few years after being raped by an American GI.
20. Two of my grandfathers commited suicide with guns, one of which tried to murder my gradmother as well, but she turned her head in time to miss the bullet to her head (it only killed him).
21. I have never been to jail and only have had typical driving violations in my lifetime.
22. I was on the debate team at Pasadena City College in California in 1990-92.
23. My favorite book is Tiger! Tiger! by Alfred Bester (Also known as “The Stars My Destination”)
24. My great great grandfather, William Douglas, was a private in the 7th Tennesse Calvary (Union Army) during the Civil War, where he was shot and lost his leg in 1864.
25. I have had my cat (Basty) for over 13 years