LifeLink®️ of Georgia is accepting nominations for the presentation of the Barbara and John Ware Donate Life Award, which honors hospital partners who are committed to saving and enhancing lives through organ and tissue donation. The Barbara and John Ware Donate Life Awards are awarded annually to two hospitals within the LifeLink of Georgia service area.
Hospitals should be nominated based upon their demonstrated support of organ and tissue donation, and nominations should include specific examples of initiatives, events or activities that the hospital has participated into increase the opportunity for organ and tissue donation within the clinical setting or in the community. Nomination criteria may include but are not limited to:
- Hospital had a dramatic increase in donors or referrals due to specific efforts of a hospital champion, donation committee or team members
- Hospital implemented a significant process change that that improved donation outcomes or the donation experience for the family
- Hospital held a donation event that greatly increased the awareness of donation in the community they serve
- Hospital created a memorial or event to pay tribute to patient who became organ donors
- Hospital worked with local media sources to produce stories around donation and transplantation
Anyone can submit a hospital for consideration. Nominations will be accepted through December 9, 2022.
Nominations should be submitted online using the form linked below. The 2022 winners will be chosen by the selection committee from all nominations that are received by the deadline and announced virtually in January at the Georgia Hospital Association’s Patient Safety and Quality Summit. For more information please contact Kim Kottemann at 800-544-6667.
Barbara and John Nomination Form